Overview of formatting
By using the options in Main menu ⁄ Format or clicking toolbuttons in the Article and node formatting and Paragraph toolbars you can:
- make text bold, italic, underlined,
strikethrough, add superscripts and subscripts;
- convert selected text to UPPERCASE, lowercase, Title Case and even Sentence case;
- indent lines, justify text, add bullets and numbering;
- enclose text within visible or hidden tables;
- change the font face, the font size, the font color or the highlight color. You can also change the article background color (currently white).
These features are individually termed attributes. You can also combine text attributes, adding one or several at a time: e.g., this text is bold, italic, underlined,
with added strikethrough, highlighting, etc.
You can invest a block of text with the formatting attributes of another block in one step by using the Copy Special ⁄ Paste Special commands.
Note: If you want to see exactly where all the extra formatting characters such as tab markers, paragraph markers, etc. have been placed, you can do so via the Options menu. See Article display options.