Exporting a subtree to a Web site
TreePad is not only a powerful personal organizer, database and Word Processor, but also enables you to generate entire Web sites at the click of a button!
With only a few mouse clicks you can generate a complete Web site from all the information you have stored in TreePad, including HTML pages, images (GIF, JPEG, PNG), internal and external hyperlinks, navigation panel (option unique to TreePad™ Business Edition), tree pane and title pane.
With TreePad you don't need to edit, manage or maintain any HTML pages or worry about broken hyperlinks! Non-internet image types, like BMP and EMF are automatically converted to JPEG and GIF during export.
To export a subtree to a set of linked HTML files ("Web site")
- Click Main menu ⁄ File ⁄ Export ⁄ Subtree ⁄ To Website
- or (TreePad Business Edition only): Main menu ⁄ HTML ⁄ Quick export ⁄ Subtree; or
- or (TreePad Business Edition only): the Quick export of subtree to an HTML Website tool button on the HTML toolbar.
To directly preview the result in your default browser (option unique to TreePad™ Business Edition)
- Click Main menu ⁄ HTML ⁄ Quick preview ⁄ Subtree; or
- Click the Quick preview of tree in HTML browser tool button on the HTML toolbar.
This will allow you to make final changes to your text and settings.
- To view the converted file commencing at the root of the tree, click on index.html in accordance with Web practice. See Tree options for more details.
- You have the option to examine the results immediately in your default browser by ticking the box labeled Launch browser when finished. See Viewing results when finished.