Installing and uninstalling TreePad
TreePad offers two types of install packages for download:
Easy self-installing packages
If you are not an experienced computer user, this is the recommended option. Just download one of the 'easy install' packages. This type of package is an executable (a program). To install TreePad, just run it directly and follow the directions on your screen.
To install TreePad, first download the .zip file, then extract the zip file using any standard zip program (why not try Freebyte ZIP ? It's freeware!). After having extracted the contents of the zip file, you can (1) install TreePad automatically by running install.exe. You can also (2) install TreePad manually, or (3) run it directly without any install.
(1) For the automatic install option, simply run install.exe and follow the instructions on your screen. You do not have to uninstall a previous version of TreePad before doing this.
(2) When you want to install TreePad manually, first create the directory from which you will run TreePad and copy all the extracted files into it. Alternatively, you can combine two steps into one by extracting the contents of the .zip file into the installation directory. It is quite safe to overwrite any files there from a previous installation, except for the icon library (treepadlib.tpz) in case you have added your own icons to it..
(3) To run TreePad without installing it, after having extracted all the files to a target directory, just double-click on the executable file inside the target directory.
- For TreePad PLUS the executable file is: treepadplus.exe
- For TreePad Business Edition the executable file is: treepadbiz.exe
- For TreePad SAFE the executable file is: treepadsafe.exe.
To uninstall, click the Uninstall icon in the TreePad program group to remove the program. Since version 7.5, TreePad also adds an 'Uninstall' item to the Windows Control Panel group 'Add or remove programs'.