Exporting a subtree to a Web site
TreePad is not only a powerful personal organizer, database and Word Processor, but also enables you to generate entire Web sites at the click of a button!
With only a few mouse clicks you can generate a complete Web site from all the information you have stored in TreePad, including HTML pages, images (GIF, JPEG, PNG), internal and external hyperlinks, navigation panel, tree pane and title pane.
With TreePad you don't need to edit, manage or maintain any HTML pages or worry about broken hyperlinks! Non-internet image types, like BMP and EMF are automatically converted to JPEG and GIF during export.
To export a subtree to a set of linked HTML files ("Web site")
- Click Main menu: Database⁄Export⁄Subtree⁄To Website
- or click Main menu: HTML⁄Quick export⁄Subtree; or
- or use the button for Quick export of subtree to an HTML Website on the HTML toolbar.
To directly preview the result in your default browser
- Click Main menu: HTML⁄Quick preview⁄Subtree or
- Click the Quick preview of tree in HTML browser tool button on the HTML toolbar.
This will allow you to make final changes to your text and settings.
- To view the converted file commencing at the root of the tree, click on index.html in accordance with Web practice. See Tree options for more details.
- You have the option to examine the results immediately in your default browser by ticking the box labeled Launch browser when finished. See Viewing results when finished.