Help begins here
How to search this manual
a) Using TreePad's search engine
This manual was created in TreePad, which contains a powerful search engine. To open it, press Shift+F11 or click the Search tree toolbutton on the View toolbar. Type in the text to be searched for, then click the Search button. The Search Results pane pops up to display what TreePad has found. If a list of topics (nodes) is displayed, double-click on the item that interests you and you will be taken to it. If necessary, you can increase the relative size of the Search Results pane by dragging up its top border with the mouse.
To close the Search Results pane, either click the Article button or press Ctrl+Alt+U. (For more information on searching, double-click here.)
To retrace your steps, press Alt+Left arrow, or click the Goto previous node toolbutton on the Navigate toolbar near the top of the screen. (For more information on using this feature, double-click here.)
b) Browsing the Tree pane (Contents)
From any place in the manual you can always press Ctrl+0 (zero) to return to the topmost node of the tree (termed the Root node). To expand the whole tree, right-click on the Root node and select Expand ⁄ Subtree (all levels).
c) Browsing the Index
The Index is located at the end of the manual.
What sections should I read first?
- Overview is a good place to start, even if you already know a little about TreePad.
- How to use this manual will acquaint you with the conventions used here and speed your understanding.
- General information will help you with any problems regarding installation, registration or upgrading.
- Basic functions is a tutorial which guides you step by step through TreePad's basic commands.
- Multi-user functions describes features unique to the multi-user version of TreePad X Enterprise.
- TreePad reference contains the main body of the manual with detailed descriptions of all features.
- TreePad manual will take you to the title page of the manual.