Methods of replacing text:
1. Highlight the text to be replaced, then delete and replace it
- Press the Delete key to delete the text and then type or paste in the replacement text, or
- Start typing the replacement text, which will automatically delete the original text as soon as the first character of the replacement text is typed.
2. Delete text without highlighting it, then type or paste in replacement text
3. Search for a given text string and replace it with another
- Use Insert mode for replacements unless you specifically want to overtype existing text character by character.
- See also Trimming unwanted characters for removing leading spaces, hard carriage returns, ">" characters, etc.