Date, time and calendar functions
This article summarizes the various date, time and calendar functions available.
Date and time formats
Click Main menu ⁄ View ⁄ Options ⁄ TreePad ⁄ Date and time to choose the appropriate date⁄time format used in articles and node titles.
The Example: fields of date and time formats will change according to the format selected. Experiment with different formats by selecting and combining various options.
Date and time stamping nodes
TreePad can insert the date, time or date+time into the titles of newly created nodes, still allowing you to add following text. See Date and time stamping nodes.
Date and time stamping articles
You can insert:
- The current date, time or date+time (see Insert menu);
- Any calendar date (see below);
- A self-updating article field1 displaying the current date, time or date+time.
The default order of insertion is the date followed by the time. To reverse this, press Shift+Ctrl+T followed by Shift+Ctrl+D.
Inserting a calendar date
- Clicking the left or right arrow buttons surrounding the current month display near the top of the window will take you to the previous or next month's calendar respectively.
- Clicking the Options button takes you to the Date and time format options screen where you can set the format of the date to be inserted, as described in Date and time formats above.
- The calendar opens with the current date highlighted, so you can use it as an alternative method of inserting the current date.
- To select a date different from the current date, click the desired date in the calendar and it will be highlighted.
- To reselect the current date, click the icon next to Today:.
- The Select date window closes as soon as you click OK or press Enter to insert the date, and reopens highlighting whatever date was last selected.