Node properties window
This window not only displays information about the node currently selected, but also enables you to change its properties.
To open the Node properties window
First select a node in the Tree pane, then:
- Click Tree context menu ⁄ Node properties or
- Click Main menu ⁄ Tree ⁄ Node properties (Alt+T,N) or
- Press Ctrl+F2. This keyboard shortcut only works when the tree pane has focus.
Although this method is not as direct as using shortcut keys or toolbuttons, this window offers extra features and tools not accessible by other means:
- The General tab:
enables you to change the node caption ( node title).It also displays the data type of the article. You can activate the checkbox 'Is template base' to make the node a Template-base node
- The Stamp tab displays the node ID and information on the node creation date and time, when the node was changed, and who (indicated by the Windows user name) created and changed the node (the node ID is also displayed in the Subtree statistics window.)
- The Checkboxes tab allows you to display a checkbox next to your node icon that you can tick to indicate completed tasks, noteworthy items, etc. See Checkbox icons.
- The Icon tab allows you to change the default icon for the current subtree, or to apply the icon of the current node to all nodes of the selected subtree.