Download language packs
These TreePad Editions currently support language packs:
- TreePad Business Edition
- TreePad PLUS
- TreePad SAFE
- TreePad Viewer
Installation of your language pack is straightforward:
* First download the language pack of your choice.
* Then open the .zip file you just downloaded in your favorite zip program (Freebyte Zip is available for free).
* Extract the .lng file (from the .zip file) into TreePad's program directory.
* Restart TreePad, and you will notice the installed language as a new menu item under menu/view/language.
* And finally, click on the new language menu to switch to the new language.
You can always switch back to English through menu/view/language/default (English).
Create your own language pack!
A TreePad language pack is a standard ini file, containing translations of the TreePad menus, screens, buttons and messages.
You can open a TreePad language pack in any standard text editor, including NotePad.
To create your own language pack:
* Make a copy of the default.lng file (which comes with TreePad Biz, TreePad Safe and TreePad PLUS).
* Then translate the text fields using a text editor (e.g. NotePad) or a
free software translation utility.
* Finally, put the newly created .lng file in TreePad's directory and restart TreePad.
* When you click on menu/view/language in TreePad, you will see a new menu item corresponding to the language file you just created.
Language pack changes
Changes in TreePad language packs.
This information is meant for language pack authors and maintainers.
- Changes in version 4.1
- Changes in version 4.0.1
- Changes in version 4.0
- Changes in version 3.3
- Changes in version 3.2
- Changes in version 3.1
- Changes in version 3.0
- Changes in version 2.0
- Changes in version 1.7.1
- Changes in version 1.7
- Changes in version 1.6
- Changes in version 1.5
- Changes in version 1.4.2
- Changes in version 1.3
- Changes in version 1.2 (compared to version 1.0)
Download Spellcheck dictionaries for
TreePad Business Edition and
TreePad X Enterprise in more than 20 languages.